Monday, April 21, 2008

One Down

Where to Red Wings keep their armies? In their sleevies! *groan*

Hockey sweater sleeve

Well, well, well, this went quickly. I'm not sure if it's the amount of hockey that's been on lately or that the stress of watching a Wings playoff game makes me knit faster, but the Wings have one round done and I have one sleeve done. And I must say, I'm pleased as punch with myself. My stitch, row, increase and decrease calculations all hit their marks, and the type of increase I used looks practically invisible (or at the very least like a machine knit sweater). I also remembered - just in the nick of time - to not knit the top-of-the-sleeve decreases in the round :-). All that remains is to bind off the top, only because I didn't want to do a rush job during the last 20 minutes of my lunch.

My only concern at this point is that the red yarn may bleed when I block it. Curses for not swatching both colors!

2 comments:

Ye Merrie Quilter said...

Wow! Nice! You'll be the coolest guy at the hockey games! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Karen

Ms. Kimba said...

wow....i cant get over how far you came.

really REALLY WOW!!
great job!