Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What I've Been Up To

Crochet Square Mosaic
Kinda looks like the Brady Bunch on fibery steroids, eh?

I came across this pattern on Ravelry after one of my friends faved someone else's project that really was pretty sweet. At the same time, I was asked to make another charity square and, since I vastly prefer to crochet squares than knit them, thought I would try the pattern out. I found it to be so simple and easy, that I figured it would be a good pattern to use up the acrylic I'd collected over the years. It's burning through the stash quite nicely and, though I won't buy any yarn for this project, I have gotten some donated from my mom who also wanted to stash bust. The squares are so addictive, I haven't been able to stop or work on anything else since I started. They're a great cure for startitis.

Pictured above are the first 25 squares I made and I'm probably up to around 60 now. I don't know how large of a blanket I'll end up making, but I'll keep going until I've exhausted as much of my stash as possible. I  have four requirements for color combos in this blanket: 1. squares must have a lighter color on the inside, 2. no repeat squares (very similar combos with different shades are acceptable), 3. there are a few color combinations I just won't do, e.g. red & green (Xmas), green & white (MSU), bright pink & turquoise, etc., 4. don't trim every color in black or make a white center with every color trim.

blog comments powered by Disqus