Monday, February 15, 2010

FO: Habitat

Habitat

Pattern: Habitat
Source: brooklyn tweed
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Lettuce
Needle: Knit Picks Options, size 7 & 8
Started: January 1, 2010
Finished: January 31, 2010
Mods:
Ravel It!

HabitatIf my claim to a Gordie Howe hat trick is to have a leg to stand on, this hat is essential. It ended up being my fight. I pretty much knit the hat twice. The first time through, I didn't knit the ribbing tall enough for my liking. It didn't quite cover my ears, which by now you should know is very important. I let it sit for awhile, like to two hockey fighters circling each other on the ice shift after shift. Finally, I dropped the gloves and frogged the darn thing.

On the second go-round, I got the ribbing long enough, but the cable chart gave me fits. I think I took it for granted because I had knit it once already. Also, I was probably more distracted the second time, since I originally started knitting during Christmas/New Year's break.

I finally finished the hat on the last day of the month only to realize that for as beautiful a hat it is with all the gorgeous cables, half the hat is ribbing! Ugh! At this point I'm calling it done, with a chance of being reknit later on.

2 comments:

Ms. Kimba said...

I think it turned out great. I have the same yarn in the same color but in fingering weight...got a pair of socks going..the color got me :)

Yarndude said...

I think the hat looks great! No reason to change it.