Saturday, October 6, 2007

New projects and Ravelry

Garter Rib Socks

Started these Wednesday night and I love them. The yarn, Knit Picks Felici in Pebble, is nice and soft and the color changes make the knitting very interesting. The pattern is Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks, and it's also interesting yet simple enough for TV knitting. These will be my October socks for the SAMKAL4.

I'm also nearing completion of the Skull Bag.

Skull Bag

This is for my wife. She requested it a few months ago, so I figured I would throw it in as a mix-up to all the sock knitting I've been doing lately. The design is my own, I created a chart based on a graphic I found online. It's worked with Knit Picks' Palette. This will get felted and then I'll need to install a zipper to finish it.

Finally, I got my invite to Ravelry on Monday, so that's why I've been absent from here. I'm JGM over there since knitswithballs was already taken. I'm a little irritated since it looks like he's been in for a month, but not added anything. Oh well, I'm over it.

5 comments:

susanc said...

Love the skull bag! The socks look great too - I love the colors and how the striping is coming along. Very nice! I'll look for you over on Ravelry! Have a good weekend.

Emma said...

Ravelry rocks. Too bad your name was taken though!

Charles said...

I just add you on my friends list on Ravlery!

Socks looking great! Skull bag is really cool~~

Larjmarj said...

I was looking at at the knitpicks yarn and wondered how it knitted up, looks nice. Can't wait to see the skull bag finished! Nice work. I am still waiting on my Ravelry invite.

Jason said...

That skull is fantastic!